Apsona updates July 2019
Apsona for Salesforce
- Improved UI, closer to Lightning under the Lightning Experience
Grid and console views
- Grid column header names in tabular and console views can now be edited. And are no longer wrapped, similar to the Lightning Experience.
- You can now set the import batch size in the import wizard parameters area, in addition to using the Connection Settings popup
- The filter builder offers "in filter" for the current object and for self-referential lookups in the current object. E.g., you can find Campaigns whose child Campaigns are in a certain filter.
- "Tools - Update all" CSV download contains the old and new values of the updated fields.
- New lookup field dropdowns that use Salesforce's Search Fields. Read more.
- "Fiscal Year" and "Fiscal Quarter" options available in the report visualization panel
- The Compose Email popup (invoked via Tools - Compose Email for Contacts and Leads) includes buttons to show/hide CC and reply-to
- Each object's Exporter popup shows fields from parent objects, and API name on each field's checkbox
- When importing Task records, we now show the WhoId and WhatId fields as candidates so that users can import directly into those fields
- The single-step report output can now be exported in XLS format in addition to CSV format
- In Settings - Table Info, formula fields are indicated in italics, and hovering over such a
field shows the actual formula. Downloading the fields CSV includes the formulas for all formula fields.
- The Table Info grid now shows the API name of the object in the second column, instead of the plural label.
- In the Apsona Items view, the name of an item can now be edited.
- In the configurations list, the current user's profile is indicated with an asterisk. If the current user's profile has no connfiguration, a warning message is shown.
- Better support for images stored in Salesforce files. Read more.
- The conditional templates panel can now be popped out when the action has lots of conditional templates.
- Upto 25 conditional templates allowed (used to be 15)
- Allow multi-ref fields as linkage targets from sublists in the document generator
- Control the editability of merge actions via Permission Set. Read more.
- Support for "Text before" and "Text after" for Word merge fields. Read more.
- You can append PDF attachment content from Lightning files. Read more.
- In the email generator, you can now map the "to" address to a field that contains a comma-separated list of email addresses.
- Email templates now support rich text fields for merging
- the Excel generator can now produce multiple Excel files in one run.
- In the docx generator, the available "System Fields" list now includes the user's phone
- Support for linkages on email address and phone number fields
Dedupe & Match
- Support for deduplication of all objects. (We used to support only Accounts, Contacts and Leads.)
- Support for Person accounts.
- Lookup fields (e.g., Owner, Created By) are now available in the fields in the Group Selection tab
- Allow Owner, Created By and Last Modified By fields in master rules.
- Support for dates and picklists for the Group Selection fields
- The Custom Merge popup can now be horizontally resized
- New match functions: First word, First 5 letters, First 7 letters, Website URL, Email Domain
- You can combine values of text, multi-pick and boolean values from non masters into master
- Reports delivered in CSV format now use CR-LF as separator instead of just LF, to be consistent with CSV standards
- The scheduler screen now includes a Test Run button to test run a schedule
Batch Gift Entry
- Support for Account Soft Credits