Apsona for Salesforce works with all non-profit versions of Salesforce, including the
Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP)
, Causeview, Luminate, Affinaquest, NGO Connect, or any force.com application.
if you have installed the Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP)
into your salesforce.com system, Apsona for Salesforce detects the
installation automatically and configures itself to show you the objects, fields and functionality for non-profits. This configuration includes:
- Support for all the objects in the NPSP: Donations, Households, Contacts, Organizations, Affiliations, etc., in addition to the salesforce-native CRM objects such as Lead and Campaign.
- Easy import (upload) of data records in CSV format into all of the objects (watch the video at right, for example).
If you have any other non-profit-specific applications installed (such as Causeview or Luminate), the custom objects in those applications are automatically
available within Apsona for Salesforce. You can choose the specific objects you want to work within Apsona for Salesforce via
the configuration manager
Pricing for non-profit organizations
The discounted prices below apply to non-profit organizations who have been granted the 501(c)3 status by the United States IRS, or are a recognized
charity in the country of the organization. Government agencies or tax-exempt organizations without the 501(c)3 status are not eligible for discounted prices.
These prices are effective January 1, 2019.
Partner and Community Licenses
We offer volume license pricing for Community and Partner users. Please contact us
We donate licenses of Apsona for Salesforce to qualifying non-profit organizations.
What is included in the donation?
The donation includes:
- Three user licenses for Apsona for Salesforce for use in one Salesforce production org, at no cost. Donations are renewed annually.
- Email-based support on an as-needed basis.
What is not included?
The donation includes only Apsona for Salesforce licenses; it does not include any
additional products such as Apsona Multi-step Reporting, Email and Document Merge, or Batch Gift Entry. Those products can, however, be purchased at a discount.
Which organizations qualify for donated licenses?
Donations are intended to help smaller non-profit organizations who are unable to afford very many additional expenditures. To be eligible for a donation, an
- must have a 501(c)3 certification (awarded directly to the organization and not to a sponsor or other entity) from the Internal Revenue Service, or an equivalent certification in the home country of the organization;
- must not be a government, religious or educational institution;
- must have an annual gross revenue not exceeding US $250,000, as determined from the previous year's IRS filing, line 12 of form 990 or line 9 of form 990-EZ, or equivalent filing in the organization's home country (religious or other organizations not required to file IRS forms can specify their total previous year's revenue before expenses);
- must have received a donation of ten free user licenses that the Salesforce Foundation provides;
- must be using the Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack; and
- must have at most 10 Salesforce user licenses, and must not have purchased any additional licenses from Salesforce.
(Where do I see how many licenses my org has?)
The license donation process
For a non-profit organization to qualify for the donated licenses, we request the following:
- Documentation of non-profit status. This can be, for example, a PDF file containing your 501(c)3 certification.
You can send this documentation via e-mail to .
- Certification of license count. This can simply be an email to us, telling us the number of Salesforce licenses in your org.
- Certification of revenue: Please include in your email the total revenue for your organization for the previous year, as shown in line 12 of your IRS form 990 (or line 9 or form 990EZ). As noted above, this number must not exceed US $250,000 to qualify for donated licenses.
- Demonstration of user adoption. This requirement has two intents. One is to enable us to better understand the needs of our users, and thus feed into
our product development roadmap. The second is to enhance the adoption of our product among the end-users in your organization, and ensure that the users do indeed
find value in our products. To this end, we request the following:
- Install and use of Apsona for Salesforce for a trial period. You can install via the "Get it now" button
on our product listing on AppExchange. After installing, please have your users try it out for a reasonable period of time, so that they can make
an informed assessment of whether it is useful to them. When you first install it, your license
will be set by default to expire in 30 days. But if you wish to have a longer trial period, please contact us via e-mail at
or via our website, and we will provide a one-time extension of your license for an additional two weeks.
- Provide a brief description of use. After your end-users have begun actively using our product, please send us a short description of the common
use cases for which you use
Apsona for Salesforce. This can be either a short e-mail message or a Word document.
Renewing donated licenses
Donated licenses are renewed annually, based on whether the organization is eligible for donated licenses at the time of renewal.
Licenses are donated so that they may be actively used. Unused licenses will expire one year after donation, so that we may conserve our resources.
We would like to emphasize that our primary goal is to build software that people find useful. To that end, we will make sure that we will keep your licenses
alive if you need them. Even if you installed a trial and allowed the license to expire, please let us know if you need it, and we can re-activate it.
Apsona.com reserves the right to determine whether an organization qualifies for donated licenses, as well as the number of seats and the period for which
donated licenses are valid.