Apsona for Salesforce includes a simple way to create a backup of selected objects in your Salesforce org. You can use this feature to create on-demand backups
of selected objects, without having to wait for a weekly or scheduled backup to be available. You might also want to use this feature as a safety precaution before
performing a large import or update.
To create the backup, click Settings - Table info, and then click Tools - Create backup.
You will then see a popup such as the one below, where you can select one or more of the objects you want to back up.
When you click the Proceed button, Apsona produces a backup zip file that you can download.
- The downloaded zip file contains a series of CSV files, one for each object you have selected.
- Each CSV file contains all the fields of all the records in the selected object.
- Only the objects visible in the current user's configuration are available in the popup. See this article for information about
- By default, the generated zip file will look like
backup-2018-0515-1011.zip, i.e., it includes the date and time at which the backup was created.
- If a user's Apsona configuration does not include the Export permission, then the Backup menu item will not be available.