The directions below are useful when:
- Objects are missing or unavailable for use in Apsona reports or the Batch Gift Entry tool
- Fields are missing from Apsona layouts
- Fields are missing from filters
Errors like the ones below appear when running reports:
Can’t find field [API name of field]
Can’t find object [API name of object]
Can’t find create SOQL statement: SoqlBuilder:
Can’t find field [API name of object and field]
Steps for resolution
To resolve these errors, request your administrator to take these steps:
- Ensure that all of the objects and fields in question are accessible to your Salesforce profile.
- If any of the fields causing the errors is a lookup field or a detail field in a master-detail relationship, ensure that the object to which the
lookup refers is accessible to your Salesforce profile.
- In the Apsona Configuration for your profile, ensure that all of the objects and fields are marked as visible. See related
documentation for more info about this. (N.B.: A common error in this step is to use the wrong profile. Please make sure that the profile you select in the
Apsona configuration editor popup is the one assigned to you.)
- After the above steps have been carried out, log out and back in, access the Apsona window, and click Settings - Clear cache to ensure that your
browser, check the "Object and field metadata" box in the popup, and click Proceed. Apsona then rebuilds its local information about the objects and
fields that you can access.